Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act and means information and or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Collecting your Personal Information
Our business is to present market performance, produce market research reports and information regarding Australian superannuation funds. Market performance metrics, and our reports and related information are available by subscription to our website. (www.supanow.com
In order to access our website we will require that an individual provide us with their name, email address, telephone number, and any other information that you choose to provide to us, such as your date of birth, gender, and if you have or are interested in a self-managed super fund, your ESG preferences or investment preferences.
Using and Disclosing of your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
Assist you to subscribe to our services;
- Provide the services you require including periodical notifications regarding performance and fees, or relevant news and information;
- Marketing communications (from which you may unsubscribe at any time);
- to personalise and customise your experiences;
- to manage and enhance our products and services and operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website
- Administer and manage those services, including (if necessary) charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Conduct appropriate identity checks for client services provided to you;
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- and Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Common to modern business practices and to meet your specific needs we may disclose your personal information to the organisations and people described below. Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the applicable privacy laws, regulations and codes. In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of SUPA-NOW Pty Ltd. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you. The relevant organisations and people for disclosure purposes are:
- As required or authorised by law and regulations, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue.
- As required to access your personal information held with government agencies or regulatory bodies (such as the ATO) or accredited data recipients (ADR’s) that are authorised to access such information.
We may also use your personal information in disclosing your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. Or alternatively that you consent to us disclosing your personal information too. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it, and us, to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance our service offering to you.
Your Privacy on the Internet
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our website is protected.
Links to other websites
You may be able to access an external web-site(s) by clicking on links we have provided. The other website(s) is not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review that web-site directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
Data Quality And Accuracy
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you become aware, or believe that any personal information which we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you may contact us with evidence that the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we agree that your personal information requires correcting, we will take all reasonable steps to correct it. If we do not agree that your personal information requires correcting, you will be provided with reasons for the refusal.
Transfer Personal Information
The personal information that we request from a member is uploaded to and kept on servers that are maintained by SUPA-NOW Pty Ltd or that are maintained by third parties that must meet our strict contractual privacy requirements.
It is our aim to respond to your complaint within 7 days and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly. If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can refer the matter to the office of the Privacy Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001